There is no translation available.
CALL FOR PAPERS №1
In pursuance of the Order of the Government of the Russian Federation of December 1, 2014 No. 2426-p and in accordance with the Plan of the main activities for the preparation and celebration of the 200th anniversary of I.S. Turgenev Government of the Orel Region, FSBEI HE “Orel State University named after I.S. Turgenev”, “Orel United State Literary Turgenev Museum” with the support of the Scientific Center of Russian Academy of Education (RAE) in FSBEI “OSU named after I.S. Turgenev”, Orel Regional Branch of the LLC “Association of Teachers of Russian Language and Literature in High Education”, Orel Regional Branch of the All-Russian Society of Intellectual History
hold the International Scientific Conference "Turgenev and World Literature" dedicated to the 200th anniversary of the writer
on October 24 - 28, 2018
Oeuvre of I.S. Turgenev occupied and undoubtedly occupies the central place in the world literary process; the writer's creative experience contributed to the enrichment of Russian and world culture and literature and continues to influence the contemporary literary process. In addition, Turgenev played a huge role as a propagandist of Russian culture and literature abroad.
In the year of celebrating the 200th anniversary of Ivan Turgenev, the organizers of the conference propose to discuss broad range of scientific matters, suggesting an interdisciplinary approach to the research of the writer's legacy.
The guidelines of the conference:
- Studies of the life and creative activity of I.S. Turgenev in Russia and abroad.
- Turgenev era: the socio-cultural life of Russia and Europe through the eyes of Russian and European intellectuals of the XIX century.
- Russian-European literary and cultural ties and the creative heritage of I.S. Turgenev.
- Current problems of studying Turgenev’s poetics.
- Turgenev text in Russian literature.
- Oeuvre of I.S. Turgenev in the "alien" cultural space. Problems of translation and perception adequateness.
- Turgenev's linguistic persona. Vocabulary of the writer’s language.
- Issues of commemoration of Turgenev heritage in Russia and Europe.
- Archival research.
- The life and creative activities of I.S. Turgenev and other arts (music, painting, theater, cinema).
- Studies of Turgenev oeuvre at university and school in Russia and abroad.
Russian language and literature researchers, specialists in the field of cultural studies, history, sociology, philosophy and art history, scientists, museum staff, teachers of higher and secondary educational institutions, post-graduate students and undergraduates are invited to participate in the conference.
Social programme will be offered to the participants of the conference (visits to the Orel museums, sightseeing tour to Spasskoe-Lutovinovo museum-estate).
Payment of travel costs is at the expense of the sending party. It is possible to charge the registration fee (depending on the amount of funding and the availability of grant support).
By the beginning of the conference, the collection of abstracts will be generated and published (in 3 languages - Russian, French and English). The conference information package (articles) is planned to be published following the results of the event. The collections will be placed in the Scientific Electronic Library eLIBRARY.RU with the assignment of ISBN.
The suggested length of abstracts is from 1 000 to 1500 characters (with spaces). They are requested to be sent no later than May 1, 2018. The guidelines for abstracts, the deadline for submitting articles and the rules for their processing will be defined in CALL FOR PAPERS № 2